View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 10:39 PM       
The turntables are ridiculously sensitive which is quite unlike Schimid's CDMIX system ;< I think overall that's a bad thing (because how often are you going to need to OH GOD SHUTTLE SHUTTLE GO GO GO compared to fine-tuning an offset), but it's something that I'll no doubt get used to. The various different ways you can configure the sound coming into the cues really reduces your chances to trainwreck and the 3-band insta kills thankfully work on the unplaying channels as well so I don't dick up the normal channel EQ when trying to isolate a beat (or when I have to match the snares instead of kicks).

I need to find a way to suspend these monitors at ear level now ;< This will prove DIFFICULT since i have my sound baffling up and the piece of wall that sticks out at the ceiling is an air vent ;<

Also, ramping up/down in tempo with master tempo on (no pitch changes) really makes it feel less weird when you change your set's base BPM. The only thing I really miss from CDMIX are the manual BPM timers, because the auto BPM system in these tends to jump all over the place if there are no kicks playing.

Oh and setting cues on this is fucking awesome. You can shuttle in ultra slo-mo until you find your beat and then set up the cue right there. There's also a realtime cue but manual cue is a feature new to me that makes my pants get up and dance.