View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 05:04 PM       
Supafly - What are you talking about? Every Torah is the same. To the dot. Hand copied from one original Torah on to big rolls of fresh lambs skin paper. Every Torah is an exact duplicate. The only time you will ever see changes is in a translation.

"Hebrew version" means it's in the language of Ancient Hebrew.... meaning it has to be translated even amongst those who speak fluent Hebrew. There are words, and accent marks that only appear in the Torah. The ideas and meaning behind the words themselves are also open to translation. None of these correct the King James version...because it's just a pre-existing version, so there's nothing to correct. King James didn't have any effect on the bible that Jews use.

Of course it matters who translates it... but there isn't a Yeshiva in the world that can study the bible without some form of "translation"...and that's reading it directly from the Hebrew itself. I've read it in Hebrew, and I can tell you that when I read it in English, or you read it in Greek, it's not the same. Language differences are huge.