View Single Post
Official Punching Bag
JakeOfAllTrades is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM       
Maybe I should reconsider my choices. I might not be ready for dating yet. Especially when most rejections from girls fail to put me in tears, (except for the really cruel ones) but the most emotional piece about love I've ever written is a Fantasy subplot where an old man of royal blood gets his heart broken by a gold-digging Elf. And the very notion of this makes me blubber when I think about it. Seriously, if I'm more emotionally concerned for this poor guy who isn't even real than for girls at school who definitely are real (but hey, they have no emotional interest in me either).

Pros: I can write about the pitfalls of romance in a way that even makes me cry.

Cons: Somehow to me, all the girls at school are either good friends or bitter enemies. And yet I don't know what to do when a real girl starts crying or needs help to feel better. Mostly I deal with this with hugs, but what do I do if the girl doesn't want to be hugged? Then I listen to what their problem is. Trouble with that is, usually they're sobbing about how some guy/girl was really horrible to them, for reasons she explains but I still don't understand.

As an Asperger's kid sometimes I feel like I'm not even thinking like a real human would use logic. I understand what's going on inside Superman's head perfectly when he starts doubting his own abilities, and Doctor Who seems to me like he needs a hug, but it turns out that real Humans who don't operate on the same logic as I do are baffling to me. I can understand why people might not have empathy with me, but why some people don't have empathy for anybody, human, fictional, or whatever, just irritates me.

Should I be happy that I understand somebody's pain, even if they're not a real person, and accept that an understanding of Humanity will come with much life experience and wine drinking? If I can't figure Humans out, how can I figure out Women, who are part of the same species?