View Single Post
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 03:16 PM       
I like how this board is being flooded with fighting games as of late. They're the best kind anyway.

I used to hate Street Fighter until I fell in love with it's simplicities. The fact that you really only had three moves was good, I thought. Your opponent could never truly surprise you, so matches had a lot more tension and creativity (I would always do a jumping kick into either a sweep or a soft shoryuken.)

The SNK games are pretty good too, in that you have to get right up on your opponent--for the most part there're no projectiles, just straight-up fighting. I've only played KoF though, so.

While I never really met a 2-D fighter I didn't like, Guilty Gear X2 still wins. I used to spend hours in the Practice mode making up new combos, because the engine is so loose that you can combo almost any move with any other move. I love being Chipp, uppercutting the other guy, and pulling the flying Overdrive when they can't see me onscreen.

Also, everyone needs to watch THIS VIDEO. Keep in mind that one hit from chip/block damage would have killed him.