View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 07:26 AM       
I think we should have made a thread a while ago called LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT DEXTER. Or maybe LET ME COMPLAIN ABOUT DEXTER, depending who you ask.

I really don't know. It's the same thing I experienced with Oz (and, hell, half the same cast), this knowledge that it's just getting sloppier and sloppier as time goes on but the desire to see it through to the end. In the first few seasons, Dexter had almost supernatural intelligence and physical capability. Now he makes more and more un-Dexter-like decisions, more silly slip-ups, and seems flat-out dumber.

Maybe that's the whole "becoming more human" thing, or some sort of indicator of the internal conflict in progress, idk really but it seems like the strength of the character is in steady decline.

I'm also getting irritated with the frequency of last-minute saves. It's got me wondering if next week Deb will be trussed up on a train track with some rent collector standing over her and twisting his moustache.

How many more episodes left? One? Two? It's felt like it needed to wrap up for a while now.