View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2005, 02:19 PM       
"We are trying to create the perfect medicines to keep people alive and healthy for long periods of time, we try to create the perfect source of power that can sustain the machines that make our lives easier, and we try to make the perfect machines to run all of the tedious and undesirable aspects of our lives. "

We don't, those already in power do and I have a feeling they really don't give a fuck about health and your life being easier.

"We don't need to be intelligent to enjoy our lives. We don't need to be educated. We have destroyed our predators and become the top species on Earth. We already have a wonderful world to live in. It is because we continue to try to "improve" it that we are using up all of our resources"

What you were saying about small tribes and such is a possible speculated theory for many 'anarchists' and happy people. Rather than suggesting whatever it is you are suggesting, they instead suggest a merger of the old world with the new world. Solar power and hydro power, perhaps, to power small isolated farming communities. There's really no reason to do away with technology.
That's my personal goal regardless of what the rest of the world does.
Maybe when people who don't need to have babies stop having them we'll all be better off in life. I think I'll have two kids then adopt the rest, it doesn't make sense to add to overpopulation, unless you're poor and need more welfare money.

"resurgence of the primitive society."

When did it go away, honestly? What part of humanity at this point in life doesn't fall into a primitive category? War, territorialness? Reproduction, gathering/selfishness(becoming rich and fucking everyone else over), dominance, submissiveness.... humanity is still very primitive except in a material/technological way. Emotionally and spiritually the whole of humanity is pretty much the same, holds the same fundamentally bullshit values and congregates for the same bullshit 'ideals', if you could even call them that. In some senses we have even gone back-- but alot of that is just because I live in america.

"However, I don't think education is making us smarter so much as it is pulling us further from the truth. "

Education, by it's very nature, is a double edged sword. It's intent is to attempt to influence developing minds, essentially when they are at their weakest and most influential times. So if we educate them with stupidity and weakness, they are likely to be stupid and weak. Which is exactly what happened, and probably exactly what alot of people want to happen. In a sense, education has succeeded.
However, if used correctly education can be a wonderful tool to give someone a headstart in life and introduce them to the world, that's why I will probably opt to home-school my children, at least to some extent.

"In the modern world, we are reaching a point where we must face the fact that our resources are limited and must be divided over all humans."

Recycling and molecular engineering could potentially fix that.

"I think we need to move from the intelligent society to something else."

According to certain psychologists human beings have three states they can potentially go through. The first one is physical, animalistic. The second is intellectual. The third is emotional. Emotional is considered to be the "Highest" form. Since society is essentially a result of the human beings who make it up, voila, it could be said society goes through the same states. I'd say, in those terms, society is still in between physical and intellectual; only using intellectual pursuits to feed their material urges.