View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
No, I'm not upset. Somewhat disappointed, yes. But definitely not upset.
Dude, you changed my name to something derisive and derogatory. Are you sure there's not something more going on here? :Psychoanalysis

Quote:
I don't know why you would take a shitty plan like that in the first place.
It was cheap.

I did it back when I was young, naive and foolish. About your age, in fact, coincidentally. After I had back surgery and the HMO wanted to deny me the cost of a second opinion I switched off that screwed up crap. Good thing too, as my son was less than a year old - try getting referrals for things like speech therapy. Not happening.

But again, this was 10+ years ago, when some guy named Clinton was getting his rocks off in the oval office. How is it that it's just now becoming cachet to call this crap "death panels"?

Answer - it's not, it's called "managed care".

In short, you're crazy if you think this isn't the way things have been for at least the last 10+ years. Nothing new or newly evil here, just the same old same old.

Quote:
And I don't see healthcare as a "priviledge", I believe it to be a right. That's why I wish they just expanded medicare instead of creating this healthcare monstrosity which will effect negatively every working family in the USA.
So in other words, you would expand an already flawed and badly mismanaged (and nearly bankrupt) government entitlement program?

Right.

Quote:
Ok, but can you disprove it?
Only insofar as I can research the facts and determine to my own satisfaction that 99% of that article is horseshit. In much the same way as you can read your blogs and columnists and post links to internet sites and determine it to be 100% accurate.

And before you quote me, please refrain from changing my words. I quote you directly, I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same. Plus, next time please spell-check and/or grammar-check your posts. With all due respect, you look like a goofball.

{there I go again, mumbling incoherently. }
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Apr 30th, 2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: forgot to answer a question.