View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
Way to go buddy. I'm guessing from your attitude what you got was closer to a BCD than a Honourable.
No kidding?!
Nice conjecture but I find it rather odd that I'd be able to procure a Bachelor of Sciences degree in Computer Science under the GI Bill had I been discharged under a BCD.

Quote:
Thats for your general overview of the last hundred years. I never heard any of that before. We really had two Presidents named Roosevelt? Were they related?
I was merely responding to a point you were making concerning the philosopy of the two parties as it pertained to military imperialism, ect even though that wasn't the point I was making in the first place. At the time, I didn't even see how your comments could even be construed as a response to me as they weren't even along the same lines as the comment I had made.

Quote:
Moral Majority. . .Not too much of a majority any more.
Although, I agree, that "moral majority" is a misnomer, you know as well as I that it's not necessarily the lobby with the most members so much as it is the one with the most $$$.

Quote:
If you're worried about the suspension of liberties, just think about it this way. After serving in the Armed Forces, you've already given them away. You're still legally beholden to the UCMJ, and if you signed the same shit I did, regardless of occupation or personal affairs still lible for recall whether you are in the reserves or not.
Nope. There's an initial obligation of 8 years no matter the active time served. Example: If you signed up for a four-year enlistment, then your obligation to the inactive reserves is still 2 years from the time of discharge, ect. That being said, my obligations in that respect are at an end. They can't reactivate me even if they wanted to.

Quote:
Personally, I don't think the government is efficient enough for any Big Brother bullshit. Only a few years ago did they break up the phoneline monopolies, yeah, just as they began their trek into obsoletion.
Although some of the things I'd witnessed in the military would lead me to believe that the government is hopelessly disorganized in a lot of ways, there are certain agencies that I do have grave apprehensions about. All I'm saying is that Nazi Germany didn't evolve overnight. It organized in small increments. It's sort of like the old theory about how you should trust your friend's opinion about how your girlfriend is seriously fucking with you rather than your own judgement as your on the inside and have to many feelings attached and are blind to common sense. Basically, I don't want to give our government the foothold from which to start. You have to drop this "my country right or wrong" and "it can never happen here, the best country in the world" nationalistic attitude. The truth is that when your complacent and don't pay attention to the little things going on around you, it certainly can happen here. I don't see my oppostion to government actions as trying to malign it so much as make it the country that I always believed it was and should be. If nothing else, it's my DUTY as a citizen to vote and watch for these things rather than assume the state of apathy that I observe a lot of Americans are taking on.

Wherever you go, there you are.