View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 02:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Never saw that show. But I have learned from experience that various "glamorous" occupations aren't all they're cracked up to be.
The movie's based off of the Shakespear play The Taming of the Shrew, only it's in modern times set with teenagers in a high school. Heath Ledger actually played Patrick (the Petruchio counterpart).

I once read this book on superstitions/beliefs held by various ancient cultures. One section was about Dobu Island, the inhabitants of which were once studied and described as paranoid and obsessed with black magic.

Anyway, point is that one night, I had this nightmare that I was at my house and frightened of something called the "Phantom Barber", who would sneak up behind you and cut your hair. It seemed scary in the dream. Anyway, the Phantom Barber was only ever seen at Dobu Island, but my dream self had my irrational fears, so I was freaked out by it. In my dream, a girl I knew from school was sleeping over for some unknown reason. Also, the floor of my room was littered with doll house items (I remember a little cup among them). The last thing I remember was that I had a clay model of an island that I was doing a report on. The island had wild horses that would spend the day running across the island, sinking into the ground as they went. At the end of the day, they would reach the other end of the island and die.

I was so scared after that dream, my parents forbid me to read any more "paranormal" books.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.