View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 03:46 PM       
I find it very ignorant of you to think that we don't need regulation. How much we may need is indeed debatable, which is what we have a representative democracy for.

Did you not understand that I stated slave labor and sweatshops as two different cases, or do you think that Chinese political prisoners aren't slaves?

You don't work yet, do you? I'm guessing that when you do work it won't be in a meat packing plant or a chemical factory or a col mine, where regulations have a serious impact on the survival of employees. You probably thin OSHA is all about the height of your computer keyboard and the angle of your screen.

And if you need protection from your employer, why, the Free Market will do it! After all, how cost effective would it be for an employer to risk your health and safety? You might switch jobs, and then where would he be? That's why in the history of the free market, no major succsesful employee has ever endangered their employees or made people sick or shat where it slept. The Free Market would nver let something like that happen, and thank God for it.