View Single Post
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 04:32 PM       
Ranxer, you have had a shitty past. Really, you have. That reminds me off the little chinese place that made you pile up your TP on the floor down where I live... I forget why, but I'm sure that place bribed their health inspectors.

The problem with OSHA is that it tends to protect the stupid workers rather than the interests of the workers as a whole. That, and some of the regulations are just plain dumb. I don't think that the consumers should have to pay for sound-proof rooms when it would be cheaper to purchase other safety gear. The fines are a bit stiff, as well, and are sometimes rediculous. Why should an employer suffer because his employee didn't wash his hands when he was specifically told he had to. It just doesn't make sense.

In my opinion, we need to seriously revise our regulatory policy. Not eliminate, but to get rid of these unnecessary elements that really haven't amounted to anything other than harm overall. Anything other than the national framework need to be up to the states. Then, we need to leave up to the local/state police to enforce these standards. File a complaint to the police department, and then they send over their inspector.

Doesn't that seem to make a lot of sense?

Max, I'm actually very skeptic of returning to a gold standard or free market banking. I did a little thinking... well, let's just say I favor a system very different from the one now, but it remains a fiat system (i.e. currency is not tied to any standard). I still favor a 100 percent reserve requirement, though, and the elimination of the central bank.

It doesn't bother me. You know what bothers me? The patriot act. There are so many things wrong with that law...