View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 08:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
Sure I like what Harrison brought into The Beatles (Something, Here Comes the Sun, Taxman) and I recognize that although they could have done without Ringo they could not have done without Harrison. Still, the stuff he did after The Beatles just doesn't appeal to me.
What, you mean stuff like this didn't do it for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
There's no argument he was way more talented than Ringo but I love Ringo Starr for different reasons (I read somewhere that what endeared him to the fangirls was that he brought out their maternal instinct). I even like some of Ringo's post-Beatles music even though I know he didn't write any of it.
Ringo was by far the most fan friendly Beatle. That reference on the Simpsons where he replies to every fan letter is apparently true, even though he officially said in the last year he will be answering no more fan mail.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/10/1...ail/index.html

And even though the article seems to imply he is pushing the fans away finally after years of answering every request for an autograph, I can't say I blame him for being done with it. It has been three decades plus of him being accommodating. I think he has done more than enough.

And he has a song or two he did solo that I enjoy.