View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM       
lolz

I had one of the most ineffective math professors ever to be given the job, I think. She didn't really teach math, she just talked all hour about her divorce and her sportscar. When we took tests, she'd mark stuff wrong and we wouldn't know why it was wrong. The class after a test was always a "review", we'd ask about the stuff she marked wrong, and she'd work it out on the board. It usually wasn't wrong at all. She'd say "Oh, well, if I marked that wrong, mark it right and pass your papers back in". We had three or four of those per test. That class was an utter fucking waste.

Another class that was a total waste was an English class. We were supposed to write these papers, and the professor would mark them up with nonsense red scribbles. We'd ask what the scribbles meant, and she'd always give some noncommittal answer. When I persisted, she finally told me...privately...that she does that to everyone's paper whether it's good or not so that no students "feel bad" by seeing that someone nearby did better than they did.

11 years later, I still don't know how I did in that class