View Single Post
Forum

Despotofks is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 11:47 AM       
Quote:
And you know what? It should be disturbing. Shit like this actually happens in the world we live in, and maybe we need to be shocked once in a while to remember that. I'm sorry to wake some of you out of your Disney Coma, but it's true, like it or not.
- Are you kidding me? So you're telling me that a movie that primarily runs its commercials to the theme song of "Bodies" by Drowning pool during MMA and professional wrestling is really just a call to action for everybody to go out and do something about violence in the world? I'm sure that the people who like to watch men get smashed in the face with chairs or put into painful submission holds are at the forefront of those who are stuck in Disney Comas and are ready to go out there and start making the world a better place thanks to the deep message they got from a Rambo movie. Listen Protoclown, I know you have a highly developed bullshit detector; that's evidenced by your vitriolic post about Super Bowl commercials, but do you ever actually turn that filter on to your own works?

The only message that Rambo portrays is the old Bugs Bunny Complex: "Don't start things, but if somebody else starts it, you feel free to finish it."

If you're looking for a war movie that's about the human condition amongst the horrors of war then stick with flicks like Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, or Saving Private Ryan. If you're looking for a war movie that's all about turning off the mind and watching bad guys get the ol' "eye for an eye treatment" then enjoy Rambo. But let's just call a spade a spade and not pin Rambo up as a brilliant way to remind people that living in the rest of the world sucks a lot more than living in the USA.