View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 02:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gularis
You say you don't want to see new people leave- sorry, I am so not very convinced! I've seen several come and go in the short month+ I've been here- always after Guitar Woman or his posse called them various combinations of 'stupid, ugly,faggot, awful, fucked up', etc. These attacks are unwarranted and unfunny. Obviously they can't get the difference between a humorous and tasteful mock and just plain mean shit-talk.
I've long seen this as one of the biggest problems on these forums and it's one of the things I think we'll be policing much more once the new site is launched. You're far from the first person to tell me they're leaving the forums because they're tired of that kind of bullshit. I'm not saying people aren't going to mock each other on here, because it is I-Mockery and it's supposed to happen... but sometimes it's clear that a person is doing it to simply be mean instead of in jest. It's at this point that threads usually get derailed and because a preschool-level bitchfest between two people.

Also, everybody, please be sure to see Chojin's new thread about updating our Rules & Guidelines:
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69698251