View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM       
I got Bioshock Infinite the other night. I never finished the original because my PC at the time couldn't run it very well, but I was excited to see the setting for Infinite.

There's a lot of detail to shit you don't see too often; it's an alternate reality 1912, so you'll be in a bar and a phonograph will be playing a ragtime "Tainted Love" or a flying Barber Quartet will be singing "God Only Knows", or some organ grinder playing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". There's even an obscured Revenge of the Jedi reference in one scene. It also has a lot of fun with the founding fathers; basically Franklin, Washington, and Jefferson are seen as dieties, while Lincoln is demonized. Racism is a big point of the game too. But now I'm at the point in the game where quantum physics are starting to be introduced, so I'm afraid it's all about to go full retard.

The only thing I don't like is being limited to two guns. That, and Elizabeth is pretty much invisible during gunfights to everyone but you. For all the horse shit about Elizabeth being "real" or whatever, she just runs around during crossfire and no one pays any attention to her. Everything else is pretty badass, though. I wanted to use skylines and grapple points more, because those really change the way you do combat in a lot of scenes.