View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat View Post
I am a bit of a Holmes fan, or at least I was back in high school when I read the stories, but if I recall correctly, Holmes actually did do some kind of boxing, and I think maybe even cane fighting. He was also trained in his own kind of martial arts, baritsu I believe it was called. I hope that Holmes fans aren't going to complain too much about this movie not being ridiculous and not faithful to the original, because the original was ridiculous.
You're right. When I read about this movie, I did some research on Holmes (I never read any of the books, though I probably will now). Holmes was noted as an exceptional boxer, did cane fight, and was very good at martial arts. He was also apparently a frequent user of cocaine and morphine.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.