View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky View Post
1) Who are Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag? I mean, I know they're on a "reality" show, but who the fuck are they?

2) Why are they "celebrities?"

3) Why do they keep appearing in the "news," even though they're no longer on whatever insipid bullshit show they were on?
They're from a show called The Hills, which claims to be a reality show even though it's scripted. Spencer is a douche and Heidi is a dumb bitch who thinks she's a singer. That's really all there is to them.

The show gave them some fame, and Spencer managed to parley that into a continued source of fame and money by acting just like his character from the show (i.e., a dumb a-hole). A few media personalities have tried to get him to admit that it's just an act, but it really does seem to be his actual personality. That, or he is a more committed character actor than Sacha Baron Cohen.

As for why they keep popping up in the news, celebrity news is much easier and cheaper to report on than hard news, and it draws a much bigger audience.