View Single Post
Forum Virgin
Brunbb is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:32 AM       
You didn't mention that. I was simply talking the shear basics of it and not taking that part in to it.

Okay, I had forgotten things. It's been a while. In Marvel Super Action #2, when Frank takes on the Costa's (the mob family that killed his family), at the end he finds

Spoilers!

So, yes, he is partially is still killing for his family. However, in latter issues (and I can't remember exactly which one), he also states that he is killing to help protect other people and make sure they don't have to go through what he does. That is why he gets so upset at other vigilantes. He doesn't think anyone else should do what he does.

I was partially wrong, yes, but that doesn't mean what I said was invalid. From what I can tell simply from these postings, is that you do not have a lot of experience with The Punisher, or at least with non-Ennis stuff. I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with that, because I can kind of relate (I love the new Thor series but don't care for old Thor stuff), but Ennis doesn't really have a good grasp on the character and the old issues really build up a different character than what he portrays.