View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 10:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Hence: "The War on Terror."
This was misplaced. Had I timed it better, it might have made more sense. It applies again here, though, so let me try again...

Israel is not bombing all of Lebanon "into the stone age." Israel is targeting terrorist resources and structures, sometimes even regardless of whether they are located in, among or around civilians. The location of these targets was selected by the terrorists, not Israel. The location of the civilians are selected by the civilians, not Israel. You can bet your sweet ass if Hezbollah sets up shop next door to me and starts shooting shoulder fired rockets into Atlanta, I'm moving.

The War on Terror, despite the cynical argument that we cannot wage war on a tactic, is actually all about eliminating the last available tactic of international ne'er-do-wells and miscreants. Israel is helping such misguided folk to understand this tactic no longer serves their goals. Israel is making them look dead and silly. Dead and/or silly looking people cannot oppress the people of globalization's gap as easily as those that are alive and powerful looking. It's hard to lie your way out of getting turned into glass impurities by a multi-million-dollar smart bomb dropped from a billion-dollar jet while you were trying to get your two-dollar Chinese/Iranian rocket to work.

We and the Israelis, along with seven Brits and a couple of Aussies, are winning hearts and minds here. Iran and Syria are looking pretty darn impotent at the moment, and their wacked out little arms dealer, Kim Jong Il, isn't turning out to be as helpful as he promised.

This is the War on Terror. Ain't it great?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!