View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 12:44 AM       
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with trying to protect the weak; the only moral crime is the choice to be weak and to not fight for what is right.
Communism encourages people to be weak. I mean, the weak do not become any stronger and they are not encouraged to do so. In a sense, its actually less beneficial because then you will receive less benefits from the government. Communism also discourages people from, "Fighting for what's right" because what's right is already what's instituted. It's a totalitarian government system.
And its not a matter of protecting the weak, its a matter of taking things from those who have made the choice not to be weak so that the weak will be what? Not stronger. Besides that communism is self-contradictory. Part of the point is not to be alienated from your work, yet communism proposes just that; to alienate the strong from the fruits of their labor.

*edit* and again, communism makes the strong and the weak equal in value. I don't see how that jives with your other ideas. Except as a hilarious joke.

Quote:
Perhaps some do this purely out of self interest and others are pressed into the service but I do not think that this takes away the full dignity of it by any means.
It's not a sacrifice if you are doing it to benefit yourself. Besides, there is higher chance of dying in houston texas if you're a black man than if you are a soldier in Iraq. I fail to see the sacrifice ;\ Most people who are soldiers never even go to war. How many times have you been shot at?

Quote:
The goal is not to deprive oneself and attain a purely altruistic existence, but at the end of the day the risk of this sacrifice is a big deal.
how is it a sacrifice if you aren't depriving yourself? That's not a sacrifice, its an exchange.

Last edited by kahljorn : Feb 27th, 2009 at 03:16 PM.