Thread: 2007 SO FAR
View Single Post
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy View Post
Hey Rez,
Great job, this is an extremely comprehensive and thought provoking look at the music scene so far in 07'. It's got me excited to check out some artists that apparently have flown under my radar. I thought Pocket Symphony was an extremely solid effort and helped re capture some of the feeling that Air created with "Moon Safari". I wasn't really a fan of "Talkie Walkie"(even if people who make car commercials were). I'm completely with you on Person Pitch, I think it is by far the most beautiful album I've listened to in some time. Nicely done.
yeah i think people crapped way too readily on pocket symphony. it's kind of a weird trend these days in music criticiosm that unless it blatantly smacks you in the face with its obtuseness (and even timidly novel ideas like 'pullhair rubeye' are getting the worst reviews on metacritic simply for going backwards), there isn't much patience for the sleight-of-hand kind of musicmanship that can deeply affect through simple and excellent songwriting. DMST is the clearest example of that for me right now, but people also really didnt bother to get inside Air's space and really explore what it is they were aiming for. they just heard typical french sophisticates sounding pretty relaxed and dissed it as being boring.
as far as person pitch goes, am i the only one who never really salivated over 'bros' and really, REALLY preferred tracks like "i'm not"?
i had that one on repeat for most of a trip up north and it was amazing.