Thread: Kill Bill Vol 2
View Single Post
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 03:46 PM       
Wow... I'm glad i saw both of them around the same time or i wouldn't really be able to appreciate it.

If you haven't seen it watch the credits there the best in any movie...

Don't read ahead if you haven't seen the 2nd one yet, cuz i guess i'd accidentally spoil stuff...

There is no way they split the movies because of the gore. Three people died in the 2nd volume none of which in a bloody fashion like the crazy 88's.

The two movies were very polarized, one had tons of action little story and the other had tons story and less gory action. I saw a ton of symbolism in the movie, including how you can't judge one movie to the other with elle asking budd about the two hanzo swords. I really want to buy the second dvd now, just so i can sit at home and watch the whole thing through.

I loved the buried alive sequence when she is in the coffin with the black and white, filtered, shot. You can feel the panic and the extreme fear of being buried alive, eventhough you're sitting next to people you can feel the

It took me a while to get the exact motif of the movie, it was right around the training sequence with pai mai that i got it.

The fights were really concentrated, The only one that was sort of drawn out was with elle. I really wanted to see a long and artisitic fight with bill, but instead it consisted of about 8 lightning fast actions and 20 minutes of dialouge after .

I really found the movie hilarious at times, with the bb watch "Shogun Assasins" with the bride, Elle getting her eye pulled out, the school roll call and the five finger heart explosion technique. The credits were the funniest ever, in any movie.

The only problem i had was that the whole first movie antagonized bill, but it was completely switched around in the 2nd from the first scene where the bride is talking to bill. Bill did nothing perticularly evil, after the el paso masacre, to make you feel like he was deserving of the revenge that he was going to get. He even seemed to be justified at the end where he's explaining his action. In the end you actually didn't want bill to die but he did anyways.

All in all it was a terrific movie, the two movies balance action and story out perfectly. It takes a while to understand the directing and the incredible genius in the story. If i had any money left i'd buy the soundtrack to it too but i'm basically broke now...

Pai mai Is the best character ever