View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM       
There's a link at the bottom of the wikipedia page. It says WARNING- SOUND!, so be forewarned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff

Ordinarily I would agree with the natural selection theory, but that's easy enough to say when you're healthy. If you're just home from getting a terminal diagnosis at the doctor's and you're more scared than you've ever been, I could see the vulnerability. Or your well-meaning grandma drinking in the miracle water in hopes that something good will happen to you. I don't know why this guy didn't disappear for good after Randi exposed him.

Edited to add: in that article I first posted, they interview a woman who sent him a total of $350 over the course of...I think it was a year. The "free" water only works if you keep it under your pillow, drink it first thing in the morning, then write him a check for $17. He sends you some miracle salt, which you're supposed to eat over the course of a week. Then, if you send him $35, a miracle will happen. And so on.