View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
True. I was more trying to show how they could be lumped together.
Yeah. I guess the "political spectrum"' is kind of up to interpretation to a degree. But I find it amusing when people say something like "You're a fascist commie!" as nobody could be both.

Quote:
My friend works in for child protection services, and he has a peg board in his office for putting all the retarted names they hear up on. Posh Spice is popular, Subaru, Holden, Ford, Jim Beam, Bundy-and-Cola, Shane Warne. He says that a name isn't enough to take a child away for, but every stupid name they come across is always followed up by a case of some other form of more serious abuse. Like forgetting to feed them or giving them drugs.
Well Holden was the name of the kid from "Catcher in the Rye". I guess though that in the case of the more extreme names ("Bundy-and-Cola? Where the heck's that one from?), it would probably say something about the parents...

Now that I think about it, director Ron Howard apparently names his kids after the places they were conceived at. His daughter - and actress - Bryce Dallas Howard got her name because she was conceived in Dallas, Texas at Bryce Hotel. I wonder if she ever had to do a report on school about how her parents decided to name her...
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.