View Single Post
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
I've scheduled an appointment with my shrink and have a list of all the weird shit and suicide plans that run through my head when I hit a funk, if you don't hear from me after Wednesday the third, odds are I'm stuck in some urine-stained padded cell somewhere with a head full of Thorazine.
I was never suicidal, but due to drugs I've taken in the past, I did have pretty bad panic attacks at one time. I tried 6 different anti-anxiety/anti depressants which really fucked with me. Eventually the psychiatrist I was seeing told me to go to a mental hospital where they can monitor my anxiety drug usage and find the right one for me since I was having bad reactions to the ones I was taking.

When I got into the mental hospital, they took my shoe laces, belt, and a bunch of other shit from me. I then saw a doctor for all of 3 minutes who diagnosed my condition as bipolar and gave me lithium for it. Took a walk around and looked at all the crazies. Some were just crying and others making loud sounds in their rooms during the night. I got a headache so asked for tylenol, but instead they gave me ibuprophen, which later I found out increases the toxicity of the lithium I was taking. So I had some really fucked reactions.

It also didn't help that my roommate there was a normal old man by day, but a sleepwalking fuck face at night. He would just keep walking around our room, stomping and talking to himself. He would constantly get up in my face and ask me about people I didn't know or where his cigarettes were, where I hid them. One time he was talking about a guy with a giant cock. He was a really nice old dude until he slept. They wouldn't give me a different room either, so I got no sleep the whole night and slept during the day which they frowned upon because I was missing group therapy and all that bullshit.

So after the first day passed, I asked to be released. Since I was there on my own accord, it stipulated in the agreement that I signed when I went in that I could be let out within 4 hours of asking. I asked to be let out and they wouldn't let me. They said give it a day and we'll see. I gave it a day, 2 days, 3 days. On the third day, I asked if I could go outside. They said no, nobody is allowed outside. I told them I really felt like I was lacking in vitamin D. They let me out with a chaperone for 10 minutes and at the end of the 10 minutes, I ran for it. He caught me since I had no shoes on. On the 5th day they finally let me leave and I was a whole lot more fucked than I was when I came in. I don't recommend ever checking yourself into a mental hospital unless you're as crazy as some of the fuckers who are in there.