View Single Post
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 11:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
I know that there is a loose general tendency for Republicans to support classical liberalism* while Democrats take up progressive causes. But, anyone who assumes "Democrats are the good guys now, ergo Democrats were the good guys eighty years ago" is just stupid.

*"Classical" liberalism is the antithesis of what Ann Coulter rants about as a cause for the apocalypse, and actually holds laissez-faire capitalism as an ideal.
good point. I remember when in a college class I was in some stupid blonde was shocked that Abe Lincoln was a republican.
Honestly though a lot of the "progressive" causes the democrats take up hasnt won me, the only reason i vote democrat tends to be obvious corruption on the opposing candidate, or standing for something i starkly disagree with.

funny though how a person AGIANST the draft is making the draft thread just as the two anti-draft democrats started the new draft legislation as a shameless scare tactic.

BTW they aren't as desperate as you think. The army just turned me down yesterday saying i wasnt healthy enough.