View Single Post

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 12:19 PM        Ok
Is it crude? Sure? Does it have an effect? That's debateable. While the "Hi I'm Saddam and I'm a bumbling moron" bit may not change many minds, that's hardly representative of the bulk of the psych warfare that's likely being employed. The leaflets, broadcasts, etc are designed to impress upon the people that Saddam does not care about them and that if they fight, they are fighting for someone who is not concerned with their well being.

I haven't seen any of it myself. so I can't comment on it first hand. If the psych warfare stuff was put together by civilians, which I doubt, then I might agree with your assertion that they've made a substantial profit. If it was produced by the military, which I suspect, than I doubt they'll be getting Hollywood writing contracts any time soon.

My point here is if we're trying to play for shock value, the existence of psych warfare is hardly startling, and in light of all the other circumstances surrounding current events, doesn't merit much of a concern in my book.