View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 12:44 PM       
Dammit.

I got this new keyboard recently, and it has these two little buttons on the left hand edge. The top button closes whatever window you are working in. What the fuck would anyone need that for? Seriously?!

Recognizing that I hadn't made my views on this topic easy for you to put together, Kevin, I just spent the last half hour summarizing my whole end of the discussion for you. I thought for a moment about driving up there and telling it to you in person, just to make it so easy for you as to be making fun of you... but y'know... gas prices and whatnot...

Anyhoo, Dubai did not get the deal until 2.10.6, when Singapore officially backed out. On 2.11.6, the AP story that circulated the majors in America did not quote Tony Blankley, but Chuck Schumer. The Times Op-ed that came out on the 15th actually said in the last paragraph that the editors agree with Chuck Schumer on the issue. I have never said this was only an issue for the Democrats. To imply that would be to say I have my head up my ass and never catch the news. Thanks for implying that.

Now that I'm pissed at my keyboard, I don't really want to re-type the whole explanation for you. I do believe port security will be a foundation of the Dems 08 campaigns. I believe they're rallying around the longshoremen, though, rather than some actual concern for security. As long as Bush backs them, I believe Dubai won't back out. Say they do, though... Will we prefer Singapore? Will Singapore even re-offer their bid? What will China say about that? Will we give P&O a bunch of money so they can stay in operation?

I had at least 10 paragraphs when I dumped my post. It was all great, too. You'd have really loved it.

*goes to change keyboard settings*

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!