View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 11:06 AM       
I've read the thread. That's the reason I commented to you directly on your posts here. At least now you are trying to cite a bit more evidence that just "They're Arabs, too." Still, even with efforts toward that end, you aren't able to paint a picture of the government of the UAE being any more an enemy of the United States than Singapore... or even Israel. Has the UAE military ever staged a direct attack on an American ship, trying to make it look like some other country did it, so we'd attack one of their enemies? I'm not trying to say the UAE is a better friends to us than Israel... I'm not discounting the value of either friendship though, either.

Your arguement is basically that they are not good enough friends to us, so we should not let them have this deal. If you could show that there was any legitimate security concerns, then your evidence might be able to show that they can't be trusted to this degree, but I don't see the security concerns. All in all, the UAE... with all it's bumps and scars, seems to be about the most modern and civilized of the Arab kingdoms, and they have been very helpful in fighting the WOT so far. I think this deal has been chosen as a way to reward them for that, and I don't have a problem there.

Maybe you don't think they should be rewarded for anything because of other things they've done or not done of which you do not approve and that matter more to you than the WOT. Maybe you have some proof that there are some legitimate security concerns in this deal that I haven't seen or heard of. Maybe you just don't like towelheads. Hell if I know. I've seen you make much better arguments than what you've done here, so I commented on that. It's obvious how you feel about the situation between the Arab world and Israel, and I pretty much side with you on that... but if you can't see hope for the Arab world because of their past misdeeds, that says more about your own opinion of the Western world than it does about Arabs.

Personally, I feel that the Middle East will eventually join us in the 21st Century. It will be an uncomfortable transition, but I believe in our lifestyle and our values so much that I think their advantages will be too tempting for them to deny much longer. This is the key to Israel's nationhood and it's support from the West, and this is the motive behind the WOT altogether... Well, with some bombs and stuff, too.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!