View Single Post
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 10:01 PM       
All-in-all, a great season. Regardless of my or anyone else's gripes or protests, there's not enough that can be said about the Gators. Tim Tebow: come on back to the swamp. You're effing awesome, and I'd rather see you running over the Oklahoma's and LSU's than holding a clipboard for one of the numerous disasters littering the bottom of the NFL ranks.

Entertaining bowl games this year too. I agree, WR, that a playoff can't forsake one of the sport's oldest traditions. And just like in '07, being in that no. 1 slot was like being the biggest buck in the forest in November. If nothing else, that'll keep me coming back to Div. I football. There is some parity growing in the Div. I ranks. Old powerhouses like Michigan, Tennessee, and Notre Dame are giving way to teams like Boise State, Utah, and TCU.

One thing that more people should really be griping about that hopefully will change is the hiring practices of the universities. I'm not going to say that affirmative action via the Rooney Rule is necessary, but these AD's and Presidents need to hire the best man for the job, and sometimes that man is other than caucasian.

Time to enjoy the hell out of some NFL playoffs, cuz there ain't even an Arena League season to tide us over this year.

Oh, and thanks for the poll updates, WhiteRat.