View Single Post
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM       
So a few months back I found out I was allergic to wheat. We're not talking "oh i have a tummy ache. I must be gluten intolerant.", i get horrible skin rashes from eating wheat. this wasn't a sudden thing either. i've had severe eczema most of my life, i just figured out what triggered it in february.

so, now i eat gluten free. most of the time it pisses me off because the replacements for the things i like to eat taste fucking horrible. the tasty-cake gluten free chocolate chip cookies? they taste like crunchy vegetable oil with chocolate chips. gluten free bread? tastes like bland nothing (except udi's, that shit is GREAT). the rice pizza crust? tastes like rice pizza crust. so in a sense it's good because it forces me to eat healthier.

onward to tonight's fabulous dinner.
i can't really cook often here because we live with other people and it's hard for me to really cook without cross-contamination so most of my meals are pre-packaged and or salads.

this evening for dinner i decided to have pancakes. typically i use pamela's pancake and baking mix, so far that's my favorite because the gluten free bisquick is ehhhhhhhh. well, i mix my pamela's mix and i decide to crumble up and throw in the rest of my blueberry stilton cheese. it tasted awesome.
the end