View Single Post
1.21 Gigawatts!!!
McFly is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 08:53 AM       
I was kind of split on this movie. While I loved the video game series and the fact that they incorporated some of the visuals effectively, there were certain things that kind of irritated me. One thing was the acting. While most horror movies are known for bad actors, a lot of the acting was over the top and kind of took you out of the picture for a bit. It was kind of interesting to that it felt like Cybil and Rose were going to make out at any moment, though. Kind of makes me wonder if the director had a thing for female cops.

Also, Sean Bean’s character was completely unnecessary. While it kind of gave a little back-story of the town, it kind of took away from the visual elements and general creepiness that is evident within the town.

However, there were some good things as well. It was kind of cool seeing what became of Anna (who is somewhat reminiscent of Angela in Silent Hill 2). The kid Sharon (Cheryl in the video game series) was also kind of creepy as well in her dual role. What I was most impressed was how close they got Dahlia to the video game. The actress looked almost like a dead ringer for her counterpart on the game.

Whether you love it or hate it (as there seems to be people that go either way with this movie), the movie has a tendency to grow on you over time. I heard that they were considering a sequel to this movie as well, which makes you wonder if they will contain similar elements of the first film or start with a completely different storyline.