View Single Post
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2003, 07:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheHerbivore
"I'll address the rest later, but right now I don't have time."

I figured I'd allow you to complete your thoughts like you said you would, and then respond. However, since you're acting like a sniveling little brat, I guess I'll respond to your incomplete post later. And while you're at it, you should respond to some of my passed-over points, too....
A sniveling little brat? How? Also, please point which points I passed over. It's been a while since I visited this thread because I was away from the computer all weekend.

Quote:
And as for "attacking" CB, please, display an example of this. See, when two people who are in agreement make jabs at someone else, it's called "making points." When someone you disagree with pokes holes in candy land/shoots and ladders ideas, such as cutting programs just for the sake of cutting them, it's called "attacking."
Reading too much into the comment? I just use the term attacking whenever someone comes up with an opposing point/counterpoint.

Quote:
"Individualized learning," eh? Well I'm all for that. I just hope the average American, with their work week getting longer and their pay check getting smaller, has the time to teach themselves Spanish, calculus, biology, comparative politics, and engineering on their days off.

And privatized schooling exists, and I'm all for it, providing it doesn't take away tax dollars from public schools through voucher programs. Depending upon a completely privatized system to educate our children, IMO, is crazy.
Just a question. If the average american doesn't have time to teach himself, how does he have time to go to school? It takes less time to teach yourself than it does to be taught at a school.