View Single Post
NightOfTheLivingDon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 06:56 PM       
Alright, let me rephrase what I mean so that we can avoid getting personal about politics, the u r was cute by the way:

The problem I have is with the article itself. It is true that Carter has ties to Arab money and he is not the friendliest of people when it comes to the Jews. I never said that supporting Israel was right wing, though that is the tendency. Any ties, supposed or actual, with money coming from the Middle East is met with the harshest of criticisms from the right side. See also Cynthia McKinney (2004) who did get Arab money, but her opponent's funding came from Israeli groups. Again this is not too strictly, black and white, say supporting Israel is right wing, however it was overlooked that Denise Majette ran an overly racial campaign and whose money came from equally as anti-other Israeli groups. Going back to Gus' original point, the response is a bit over exaggerated and it is the article that I don't like. Maybe it’s because Free Republic is a breeding ground for ultra-conservatism or maybe because the article, in so many words, completely denounces Carter for anything and everything he ever did to the point were we should sell him as a former president. Also that his book, which may be somewhat factual (really, none of us can make claim that we know for sure), is nothing more than a "Jews control the media" diatribe. I just felt as if the article is one of those that tell you how to feel by painting Carter as a blood money washed icon for anti-Semitism. Is that kewl wit u?