View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 08:09 PM       
Say what you want about Alan Dershowitz, but he doesn't represent the Right Wing. Free Republic was one of many outlets to reprint this editorial.

"Also that his book, which may be somewhat factual (really, none of us can make claim that we know for sure) , is nothing more than a "Jews control the media" diatribe."

1) You would have to be arguing that there's no such thing as a "fact" then. His book contains factual errors, and 15 Carter Center fellows including his long term advisor on Mid-East affairs quit as a result. Simply put, the Jews who worked for Carter would disagree with your summation of the situation. The Carter Center has also come under attack from non-Jews who were invited to consult on ways to ease tensions with the Jewish Community. Alan Dershowitz was the first to publish a break down of facts, and then challenged Carter to debate the errors contained in his book.

2) Carter's been making a point of feeding a " Jews control the media diatribe" in every interview he's done to promote the book. He has continously said:

Quote:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...lkl.01.htmlAnd it's not something that has been acknowledged or even discussed in this country. The basic purpose of... KING: Why not?

CARTER: I don't know why not. You never hear anything about what is happening to the Palestinians by the Israelis. As a matter of fact, it's one of the worst cases of oppression that I know of now in the world

Quote:
And I think what's happening in the West Bank and in the occupied territories is completely contrary to the basic principles of the Israeli religion and completely contrary to the basic principles of Israel as a nation when it was founded.
Quote:
KING: Do you think it will continue to be as pro-Israel as this past Congress?

CARTER: I would guess so, Larry. It's almost inconceivable for any members of the House and Senate to take any position that would be critical of Israel.

That's one reason I wrote my book, is just to precipitate some controversy, to use your word, or provocation, that is to provoke debate on the issue and to let the people of America know that there are two sides to many issues in the Middle East, and that in order ever to have peace for Israel, Israel will have to comply with international law.
If that wasn't clear enough, on December 8th, the Los Angeles Times published Carters letter which said:

Quote:
For the last 30 years, I have witnessed and experienced the severe restraints on any free and balanced discussion of the facts. This reluctance to criticize any policies of the Israeli government is because of the extraordinary lobbying efforts of the American-Israel Political Action Committee and the absence of any significant contrary voices.

It would be almost politically suicidal for members of Congress to espouse a balanced position between Israel and Palestine, to suggest that Israel comply with international law or to speak in defense of justice or human rights for Palestinians. Very few would ever deign to visit the Palestinian cities of Ramallah, Nablus, Hebron, Gaza City or even Bethlehem and talk to the beleaguered residents. What is even more difficult to comprehend is why the editorial pages of the major newspapers and magazines in the United States exercise similar self-restraint, quite contrary to private assessments expressed quite forcefully by their correspondents in the Holy Land...

Book reviews in the mainstream media have been written mostly by representatives of Jewish organizations who would be unlikely to visit the occupied territories, and their primary criticism is that the book is anti-Israel.
Now we all know that's bullshit. It's outright false. So what is he implying?

As for Cynthia Mckinney... she had plenty of problems going for her, so if you're insinuating a witch hunt out of Israeli interests was responsible for her downfall , you should probably check yourself, or just call yourself Geggy2 and leave it at that. Also - please don't bother to respond unless you've read these various articles, and editorials in full. K, thx. p.s. Fuck John Carpentar and your latex friends. Put your posts in the right forum you retard.