View Single Post
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 04:11 PM        I went to a furry convention.

It was billed as a sci fi/fantasy/gaming/furry convention, and it ended up basically being just a furry convention, but it actually wasn't that bad. It was a small local convention so creepiness was kept to a minimum. The entire weekend consisted of me playing Brawl with random passerby. I like Ike!

When I say creepiness was kept to a minimum, I mean that lightly. Some highlights include:

-Elderly babyfur. For those of you who don't know, babyfurs are a type of furry who roleplay as (very) young characters who shit themselves and most get off to this. I only spotted one who was openly so, a fellow who must have been rapidly approaching 60. He was wearing a set of those scrubs featuring cartoon characters that pediatric nurses wear.

-Roxy the cat. There were a number of fursuits. The vast majority of them were "innocent" in the way that they were just animal people, not unlike the animal mascot characters one would see at a theme park. One, however, stuck out. She went by the name "Roxy" (I'm told; I refrained from speaking to her.) Roxy was a large, hot pink cat, dressed in a pair of very short cut-off shorts and a tank-top that I would call low-cut except that Roxy's latex breasts were so large that they would've stuck out of it no matter how big the shirt was. The breasts were obviously the focus of the outfit as the lovingly rendered latex nipples stuck quite visibly outward. I avoided Roxy (and so did most of the folk I spoke to, all of whom were made uncomfortable by her presence. Also, the person within Roxy was, indeed, a man.)

-The furpile. The fursuiters were in the minority, and I wasn't terribly unnerved by their presence until I saw about a dozen of them gathered in the center of the convention area, lying on the floor in a loose pile and stroking eachother. This public display of pseudo-sexual activity was made all the more disturbing by the fact that there was a fairly large gathering of non-suited people forming a circle around them and taking pictures as though it was the most fascinating thing ever. I went back to the game room at this point, which is where the saner folk were taking refuge.

Otherwise, from an honest standpoint, I had fun, and it was an excuse to get out for a while and make nerdy references while I got my ass handed to me on Brawl.