View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 25th, 2009, 01:11 PM       
Harry gets his "health" back by not being attacked for awhile. He'll stop limping and start running.

As for the controls, I didn't have a problem with them. If you do short, calculated swings, knocking off enemies is easy. They're not perfect, but big, crazed gestures don't help.

I got an iPod touch for Christmas, and part of the reason why I chose it over the Zune was the App store. $1-5 games with considerable production values is very attractive. So far, I've played:

Space Invaders Infinity Gene: Fucking sick shmup with good controls, awesome levels, and a game mode that makes levels based on the songs you play from your library. And it's constantly throwing new abilities for your ship.

I love Katamari: I had no idea this came out for iPod touch/iPhone. It's fun; you control it by tilting the iPod, with a few touch screen commands for turning around or speeding up.

Canabalt: Loved the flash version. This is basically the same thing. Which is fine, because it's addictive as hell and can suck up a minute or two of your time.

Rolando 2: reminds me of Loco Roco, but with more ideas but less charm. And tilt controls replacing the shoulder buttons of the PSP.