View Single Post
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:21 PM       
I have to just repeat this bit, but where's the global outrage over the countless innocent deaths on this whole war? Hell, wait a moment, where's the moral outrage over the countless not-so-innocent deaths of this war? Weren't christians supposed to be appaled by the murder of any man? I know this may seem like a pretty basic argument, but why did it take torture for people to not stand for it? Is it as if the murder that somehow is justified as to be a means for a honourable end is excused by people of the Christian faith? I'm not trying to derail this conversation, but this just seems to fucking crazy to me that I need someone to make me understand. I mean, does this sound absurd? :

1. We hate murder.
2. Somebody in the middle east is killing people.
3. We hate him.
4. We will send our troops to kill him.

And everybody's ok up to this!

And then when some prisoner of war is tortured, this stirs up this moral outrage in everybody that supported this war. What, what did it take? Was it the pictures? Didn't people see the pictures of children casualities from this war anyhow? It can't be the pictures. And it sure as hell can't be because the deaths of thousands in the effort to occupy Iraq could somehow be said to be justified and necessary. Because if one thinks so, then it could be said that the torture, humiliation and murder of prisoners of war serves the purpose of collecting information that will go a long way towards solidifying the democratic effort in Iraq, and it thusly is as justified as this whole war. This doesn't make any sense!