View Single Post
Official Punching Bag
JakeOfAllTrades is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM       
I'm With Lucy
Blackula (not being racist, it just sucked)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Departed: Martin Scorsese gave me sleepless nights with that one, if I'm overstimulated I cannot cope with big noises of guns. In the cinema this was particularly true.
Flags of Our Fathers: I had to walk out of my living room while my brother and my parents watched this, it was too loud and there were shells going off every five seconds and people were dying all over the place... I know realism in cinema is important but there are some kinds of realism that are just too much for a jumpy young man who is easily startled by huge noises on surround sound systems!
House of Wax (the Paris Hilton remake): just plain godawful, I couldn't bear it!

But there is one film that I hated not for its loud noises (some of these films may or may not have had artistic merit, ie. The Departed, Flags of Our Fathers), but for its sheer cheesiness and bastardisation of a classic novel:

BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA: Keanu Reeves can't act. He was only good in the first Bill and Ted and the first Matrix. And in the minds of the general public, the sheer amount of heaving bosoms would have aroused, but here they were trashy, like the trampy interpretations of the formerly strong female characters like Mina Murray and Lucy Whatserface. Tom Waits and Anthony Hopkins were the only good things in it!