View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:27 AM        Re: Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
Kev,
I'm with you. While it's probably not the best case scenario for the Dems, Im not so convinced that a Nader run spells doom for Kerry. I think many who supported Nader in 2000 are a lot more jaded this time around and may well vote based upon reality rather than principle.
Well, I take a small issue with this philosophy. I'm certainly not a critic of "big tent," compromise politics, but I feel that the Democrats are not an adequate response to the Republicans. I think Nader, much like Dean this year, have been a much needed kick in the ass for the DNC....

Quote:
I could be wrong, just the way I see things shaping up. I'll be interested to see how the early polls show a three way match up with Kerry, Bush, and Nader just out of curiosity.
I saw one on FOX News the other day that had Nader polling at 4%, with Kerry losing to Bush by 1% point. This seems very unlikely to me. Keep in mind, Nader was polling in the TEENS at some points in 2000, and he ultimately finished with only 3-4% of the vote.

Any polls now will probably be of "likely voters." Nader supporters, the staunch ones, are great for these polls, b'c they know Nader's their guy already. Once we get closer to the election, and the pool of "likely voters" increases, it's my guess that Nader's numbers will diminish off the charts (I hope I'm wrong about that, but we'll see).