View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:08 PM       
Saddly, I think it's going to be irrelivant.

The press will play it up because it gives them something to write about, and I think that's all to the good. At least it will give pres coverage to what Nader has to say, and I think that's probably his main goal.

In the general election I can't imagine it mattering. Anyone who was going to vote prior to his entering the race isn't going to change their vite to Nader (my opinion). Anyone who agreed with him last time that there wasn't any difference to be seen between W. and Gore saw what a serious agenda lunatic can do without any mandate whatsoever and will be disinclined to still think so.

I agree with Nader's main point, that Wahington is totally beholden to it's corporate benefactors, almost to a person, regardless of their party mebership. I agree that's tragic state of affairs. But I don't agree that means the solution is to hand it to a nasty little man who honestly believes God speaks directly to him and a weasely cabal of power hungry jackals who woud do away with Habeus Corpus, clothe blind justice, and turn as much of government over to coprorations they worked for prior to holding office and will return to once their terms are up.