View Single Post

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:16 PM       
I don't know. I was in a big time abusive home and I'm normal (in a non-criminal/non-sociopath kind of way). But I also had a lot of good influences at school outside the home. It became my escape. Being witness to alot of domestic abuse cases people are so SO very different in their perceptions and how they handle it. It just depends on the personality. And I guess I wouldn't want to interfere unless it was really bad abuse. Kids don't understand. The adult who is being beaten is usually codependant and won't leave, will just be mad at you for interfering. If there is more than one kid, they might get split up and put into crappy foster care systems where they are educated by other children in whatever F'd up ways they were F'd up. It's such a hard call. If it were sexual abuse, I would say definitely. Physical, depends on the extent: are they breaking arms, burning them with irons, etc. I would say the better thing to do is to befriend the children and let them see a world outside the one there in. It gives hope that they won't be in the F'd up situation forever. That's what did it for me.