View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 09:58 AM       
You're welcome. You would have said it. I just had to steal your thunder. I support the war, for reasons that may well be alien to most our government, and I can still see this name-change is stupid. I understand the value of drawing a line between normal, everyday Muslims and the super-Muslim mutants with which we are fighting. Sure, fascism is bad... but Al Quaeda is no more a fascist organization than it is a gaggle of moon people. Saying the word makes me want to take a computer plane to Pepsi-Cola, Florida just to get away from all this stupidity for a while. The administration, with one word, has made the whole world dumber.

The good news, however, is that by co-opting the phrase used by ALL of the conservative talk-show hosts, the punditry that most voters partake of is somewhat calmer and more supportive of "Staying the Course," fat and happy as they are now on their table scraps. All Dubya has to do at this point is make a show of slamming the border doors and send some green busses to some major cities, "Cracking Down" on illegal aliens... right before the election... and the Democrats will lose seats this Fall.

I would have DRASTICALLY preferred the administration just come clean on what the War on Terror really is. The book I recommended you, "the Pentagon's New Map," by Thomas PM Barnett... available on Amazon and stores near you... clearly explains why we are doing what we are doing and is BASED on a Pentagon Powerpoint presentation that dots all the i's and crosses all the t's... One that existed BEFORE 9/11 and has been seen by everybody in charge of this war. It's not perfect and it's not complete, but it does a freakin GREAT job of painting a pretty picture over a messy and confusing war.

War Presidents EXPLAIN wars to the people. "Stay the Course" has run off the tracks. What pisses me off the most is that there is a perfect message out there that could easily replace the nothing we have and nobody's getting it out there. That says all that needs to be said about how our government views the majority of American voters. Maybe, deep inside the beltway, people discuss this war candidly and honestly so it's easy for them to believe that we, too, can sort rhetoric from fact. Unfortunately, that is just not the case. This war deserves broad-based support, and it would get it but for the closed mouths in the White House. I have seen the administration use this political tactic before, and it works, but this is not just the latest wild-eyed Democrat attack plan. This is a very real war where very real Americans are risking their lives and often losing that bet. There is nothing to be gained by politicizing it, and both sides are doing that moreso than they are getting the world honestly behind it, and THAT is what will end it.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!