View Single Post
Forum Virgin
Brunbb is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 04:18 PM       
Well, I didn't mindless as he doesn't plan it. I mean mindless in the fact that he isn't thinking about the consequences, just killing.

Yeah, I don't think he would be able to take down Surfer or Galactus either, but I don't think he would be able to take out every X-Man and X-Men villain either. As the story clearly shows, Ennis doesn't let anything like logic stop him. None of this really belongs in a Punisher story. This isn't what he is about. He deals with the problems that the bigger heroes don't bother with.

I don't have a problem with Frank not being able to kill everyone. My problem is how poorly written, and, quite frankly, stupid the story is.

And it's not like Ennis was assigned this. This story was his idea. It came out in 1995 (or was it 94?) and is his first Punisher story. I believe his first story for Marvel. It probably came from his hatred of most super heroes (I believe the only one he actually likes is Superman).

A final thing for this post; If anyone is interested in reading this story, it's being re-released in August.