View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 12:15 PM       
That sounds to me like the basis of your faith lies in hedging your bets. And, dim as you are, you think you've figured out a clever little win/win scenario.

How about this? Are you, in your idea of what it means to be a good Christian, prepared to face the 'conquences' (You've used that made up word several times now, I can only assume you think that's what the word actully is) if you're wrong? If the Mulsims are right, and you are wrong... well, hope you like damnation. Talk about condecending.

Moreover, many Christians believe the morality of your behavior in thought and deed is equally, if not more important than your simplistic statement that you 'believe' in Jesus. If they're right... well, hope you like damnation.

Me? I'm agnostic and have no preconception of what the afterlife might hold or if there is one. I try as best I can to treat others as I'd like to be treated, to help those less fortunate than I am, and to address mean spirited punks with the only proper response, laughter. If the all mighty creator of the universe is so perverse as to damn a man for all eternity for that, than Heaven is no place for decent people anyway.