View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 10:09 PM       
I got some answers of my own, they may even match the Colonels in some spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
The BCS.

What the fuck is that shit about? How can EVERY sport on the planet have a playoff system EXCEPT college football? Who is the best? The BCS is the most broken/glitched/fucked shit I've ever heard of in my life when it comes to deciding who's the best. I guess it's all politics and money, but I don't know, maybe college ball followers like it?
Everyone, everywhere, ever agrees with you, except the people making money from the sponsorships and the few BCS honks (i.e. SEC fans) Those same people who agree with you all have their own solution. I would take even a plus 1 system at this point, but they won't even give that. I think the BCS hates sports fans.

Quote:
How do yall like the BCS? Is it legit or do you think it's completely stupid too?
A system that always keeps the 2 best teams from playing each other for the championship can only be called stupid.

Quote:
Also why are some games completely lopsided? I mean Kansas beat Citadel yesterday 40-6. Florida beat Charleston 62-3!! The sad part is that this shit isn't uncommon. When was the last time you saw that shit in the pros on a regular basis?
You'll find this is VERY common for the BCS conference teams. Especially the SEC (look at their schedule last year; they refuse to play anyone tough in preseason and they don't need to because the AP poll voters will suck their collective dicks on command. They won't risk the undefeated season on some real preseason competition because one loss can cost them the BCS championship. Hence why Florida plays the Columbus School for Blind Girls in preseason.

Quote:
Is there any possible way I can get into college ball at this stage in my life? Are there some basic facts I need to know?
1) According to ESPN. Nothing is better then the SEC. It doesn't matter that they only play themselves, it doesn't matter that generally they lose the majority of their bowl games when they finally have to play an out of conference team that is tough, they can do no wrong in the eyes of ESPN.

2) Unfortunately, the Big 10 has yet to grasp the concept of the spread and how to defend it.

3) Once upon a time, Michigan University had a football team, then the evil wizard Rich Rodriguez put the curse of his coaching on their university and all it's traditions, now they have a team that loses to OSU by roughly 40 points.

4)The Big 12 is Big on offense and little on defense

5)USC are the only non SEC school that ESPN likes. About halfway through every season though, they lose to some slap like Stanford or Washington and their season gets shot, that said they still deserve a BCS shot more than most of the SEC.

6) Out of nowhere about 3 years ago Boise State made a big splash. Not sure why but they have remained relevant. They were best known before this surge for their blue football field.

7)Utah is another little university that could, like Boise State.

8) A few rivalry games of note: OSU vs. Michigan, Army vs. Navy, Notre Dame vs. Michigan, Notre Dame vs. USC, Auburn vs. Alabama, Texas vs. Oklahoma, USC vs. UCLA