View Single Post

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 02:19 PM        Same old
Come on now, you can't have it both ways. One minute half of you want to label Bush and his administration the most mindless, incompetent retards to ever hold their positions, the next you're accussing them of pulling off the most amazingly well planned conspiracy in the history of manking. Which is it? Is Dubya a moron, or the leader of the greatest team of scam artists ever. You can't have both.

Anyway, I'm willing to bet that the identity issue will always be a problem. Because the issuance of visas and ids in some countries are not well regulated, I doubt its very easy to geniunely track what the real names of these people are. I have very limited access to counter-intelligence and anti-terorrism, but I have enough to know that one of the biggest problems they face in these types of cases is determining identities.

Think of it this way. Identity theft in this country is a problem. In spite of having relatively well regulated systems to prevent it, people are still able to access i.d. cards, ssns etc and "steal" another's identity. Do you suppose those same safeguards are in place in places like Yemen? They are not. It would not be unreasonable to think that a person who was inclined to carry out an attack like 9-11 would have planned enough to at least muddle the trail of thier true identity.

I agree that the FBI should have made more light of the fact that they couldn't be certain of the names they went with. But as far as citing this as some kind of blatant proof that this was an obvious conspiracy, well, that's a little silly.