View Single Post
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 04:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Seriously, it doesn't matter what you know because if you reread my post I said "most people."
That's really lame. You know why.

Quote:
Everyone always says, "oh you don't need a fast computer for that blah blah blah." You know what? Yes you do. After about a month of your shiny new SLOW iBook, you'll be looking at the people around you saying, "Shit, I wish my laptop could do that. Fuck, if I would have just waited another three weeks, I could afford to buy this month's iBook that comes with that feature.
The same argument could be said for any laptop.

Quote:
Yeah, just like how XP comes with everything you could ever possibly use or want to ever do with your computer. Wordpad to meet all your word processing needs and Media Player garbage for MP3s.

Safari is bullshit. The little helper apps are bullshit. Want more? Pay an annual fee to get access to handy .Mac!!! Don't even get me started on the shareware that's available for Macs. That's all bullshit, too (and I have firsthand experience because one of my professors writes some of those apps). Every one of them is just a variation on the same theme: "Oh look! We can take this RSS feed from the web and display it in an interesting fashion!"
You are extremely tedious. Say something or please shut up. You still have not given me one example of anything an average user would want to do on a Mac, but couldn't. Instead you cry about Safari again. I've used Safari and think it's great, but if I didn't, I'd INSTALL FIREFOX.

Quote:
Good luck going out to buy software, especially if you don't live in a city with one of those Apple stores. I think all Best Buy sells is MS Office for Macs, and it's just a display box because they knew no one would really want that anyways.
Who buys software?