View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Out of curiosity, are you talking about using OS X on a G3 when it first came out? OS 9 was rock solid stable, but maybe you had a unique gift for crashing it. If you're talking about how buggy OS X was at release, then you must be forgetting how rough the release of Win95 was. That shit goes on with any new OS architecture.
OS9 was a turd of an OS. We had frequent lock-ups that required us to yank the power cord. You couldn't even think of running Photoshop and Quark XPress at the same time on most days. Of course, my teacher was a big Mac fan and refused to admit that the computers fucking blew, even when they kept crashing non-stop for him, too. I guess looking at your frozen desktop is somehow different than seeing a blue screen.

Quote:
My bad, I didn't realize Myst was 5 years old when I first played it on a relative's Mac. Oh well. But my argument would still stand even if it looked EXACTLY THE SAME on a Mac, if that were what the buyer were interested in!
You're hurting your IT credibility by having not heard of Myst until 5 years after it came out.

BTW, that game was also out for Macs originally (it was made on Macs in something similar to Hyperstudio), and what you played was the upgraded 32-bit version that was released so it would work in Win98 (and to upgrade the 256 colour graphics).

Quote:
It all boils down to what you want to do with the machine, whether you have any past computer experience, and, yes, what the thing looks like (which is VERY important for someone who keeps it turned off most of the time!).
UH OH IT'S TIME FOR THE BIG GUNS AM I RIGHT GUYS?[/code]

[/img]